The long story of the Morris
Minor began in May 1940, when Miles Thomas the new Vice Chairman
and Managing Director saw the need for Morris to develop a new
small 4 seater car to be introduced after the end of World War II.
This project was placed entirely in the hands of Alec Issigonis by
the far-sighted chief engineer, Vic Oak.
Often the transition from
prototype to production is a smooth transition, but the Morris
Minor is an interesting montage of last minute changes,
compromises and infighting.